What do you do when you are bored, have nothing to write about and is facing a writer’s block? Thats when Tags comes to your rescue. Use them, feel the difference.
(Proposed advertisment for Tags, which will hit the media soon)
Okay so I got tagged.
Here is the first one from Vishesh.
6 quirks are about me :-
1) When I get nervous, I just eat eat and eat!
2) I have the FRIENDS DVD and have watched it like the umpteenth time.
3) I love going out for looong drives even if it’s just going in circles.
4) I can’t survive without at least one movie a week.
5) If I like a song, I listen to it again and again. When I drive, cook, work….. almost all the time. And I never get bored until of course when I another song hit me. It need not be a new one; it can be an old classic. Err, I think everyone does that. So this is everyone’s quirk !
6) I am a cleanliness freak. I can spend all day cleaning the house. I don’t like the feel of dust on my bare foot.
Manoj tagged me with some questions.
1. What have you realized recently?
That I work for peanuts.
2. Have you given your first kiss away?
3. If you were to be stranded on a deserted island, who are the 11 blog buddies you would take?
Only if I have internet connection and a port to connect my laptop at the island I would be happy all alone.
4. Where is the place that you want to go the most?
Times Square NY.
5. If you can have 1 dream to come true, what would it be?
A World trip !
6. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain?
Yes! Who said its fake?
7. What are you afraid to lose the most now?
My parking space in front of the house, most probably it will be occupied by the person living on the third floor ! .
8. If you win $1 million, what would you do?
Refer answer 5.
9. If you meet someone that you love, would you confess to him/her?
I am living with her now. Nothing to confess so far!!
10. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you.
Manoj always appreciate me for my writing. He always like my posts. So he should be a good guy. 😀
11. What are the requirements that you wish from your other half?
Too late !
12. Which type of person do you hate the most?
Ahh ! The “autowalla type”. If you don’t know what that means, read this.
13. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
14. If you have faults, would you rather the people around you point out to you or would you rather they keep quiet?
It depends on the faults. Some are best left unsaid.
15. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
Refer answer 13.
16. Are you a shopaholic or not?
No, but I swipe my credit card mostly for my wife. Uh oh, she is ! but I love shopping for jeans.
17. Find a word to describe the person who tagged you.
Aaha I get it. This is one way to get people talk good about you ! ‘GOOD’
18. If you have a chance. Which part of your character you would like to change?
Nah I have a blog, so I should be perfect. Right?
19. What’s the last shocking thing you’ve seen or heard?
That the interest rates of loans are going to increase! SHOCKING!
20. Would you rather have love but no money or money but no love?
I think money can’t buy love, but love can’t buy money either, nor can you order money or love separately.
Just love, but enough money to survive ( survive = Buy a BMW, own a house at Beverly Hills, own a fleet of Hummers, Go for a world trip, win question 8, start Hotel Business, a beach house at Hawai and Goa. etc etc.)
I was tagged by Nita.
What are the 7 favourite things you enjoyed doing as a child? I wonder if many bloggers will find out many similarities? Is a childhood everywhere the same, or is it much coloured by the cultural/social background?
- Climbing guava trees and eating guava right on the tree. We had like 6 trees around our house. I would sometimes spend my evening climbing it and eating all of the ripe ones right on the tree. Talking of tree climbing, I loved climbing coconut trees too, but my parents were far too afraid to let me climb them as the news always said about some who died from falling off a coconut tree. I don’t think now I have the ability to walk to a coconut tree ! L
- Swimming: I loved swimming. We had a river near by where the water would rise during monsoons and will have strong currents. We would jump into the river to be swept away and then finally manage to climb back shore half a km downstream. It was cool. Although we will always be left with some bruises and scrapes.
- Time Bombs. Come Christmas season and my dad would bring all the crackers. I set time bombs on it using agarbatti strapped to it and leave it at strategic place to scare people. One would be at the servant quarters, the other near the place people come to pluck grass. And run for my life when they come chasing me.
- Stories: I used to write strange stories like ‘The magic carpet and Ramu’ which of course was borrowed (inspired from <like apna Bollywood>) many existing fairy tales.
- Dancing : I am real ‘good’ at it, my brother and myself would wear some funky clothes, switch off the light, play music and use a torch to give disco effects and dance!. I think it was Michael Jackson inspiration.
- Cycling : I was always inspired by the off road cycling and used to ride my cycle everywhere except the road. Do stunts like riding down steep stairs, zip zag through dangerously close rubber trees etc.
- Read comics. When we were in Chennai, we had a library nearby. We used to take 10-20 comics including Phantom, Mandrake, Archie, Tintin, Asterix( I still read this many times over), Chacha Choudary etc and just spend the whole day reading them.
I am not tagging anyone. But I would love to hear the last tag from each and everyone of you who is reading this. Consider yourself ‘tagged’. If you don’t have time to do the second tag, atleast answer question 10 and 17, make my day, say some good things about me.